I found this article in Psychology Today to be a really interesting set of conclusions from specific behavioral studies. The ten truths listed are:
- Men like blond bombshells (and women want to look like them)
- Humans are naturally polygamous
- Most women benefit from polygyny, while most men benefit from monogamy
- Most suicide bombers are Muslim
- Having sons reduces the likelihood of divorce
- Beautiful people have more daughters
- What Bill Gates and Paul McCartney have in common with criminals
- The midlife crisis is a myth – sort of
- It’s natural for politicians to risk everything for an affair (but only if they’re male)
- Men sexually harass women because they are not sexist
If you are pressed for time, read #1, #3 and #4 (they are related), and #8.
If you are really pressed for time, just read #1.